Physicians who wish to certify a patient for medical marijuana must:
- Possess an active Connecticut medical license issued by the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Practice within the State of Connecticut.
- Possess an active controlled substance registration issued by the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection that is not subject to limitation.
- Possess an active Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) controlled substance registration that is not subject to limitation.
- Be registered with, and able to access, the Connecticut Prescription Monitoring Program.